You may be already aware of that as of December 21st 2015 the United States federal aviation administration made drone registration mandatory. If in any case you fail to register your drone you will have to face penalty when you caught flying the unregistered drone.
Well no worries here I am going to show you how to register your drone with FAA
Criteria to register your drone
If you are drawn is heavier than 0.55 pounds then it is mandatory to register your drone. you can register your Drone on the website here
- Your age must be over 13 years.
- There is a small fee of $5 for registration of your drone.
- This is for only hobbies and recreational drones.
- The weight of the dawn can be in between 0.55 to 55 pounds with all the attachments attached.
After the registration process I recommend you to print the registration certificate. How you can save it on your mobile.
Note: When flying the drone you need to keep the certificate with you.
Process for registering the drone
Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
It’s a system developed to make registrations of flying RC devices for any aircraft that uses a transmitter device
Step by step:
- Go to the FAA website for Drone registration here.
- Sign up with an account.
- Provide you all the details correctly.
- Then you will need to register the device that you have with you.
- After this you will be taken to the checkout page.
- A small fee of $5 will be debited from your card.
- And Done
The validity of the certificate will be up to 3 years
What after the drone is no longer with me?
There can be many situations the Drone you are flying if it is lost or broken are you have sold your drone to someone. Then you need to update the registration details. Just login to the website that you have registered your drone and remove your Drone from there.
What if my friend borrows my drone?
When you give your Drone to your friend to just take out with him on their holiday or something else, you don’t need to transfer the ownership to them. Just give your hard copy of the certificate email that certificate of the drone to your friend. Your friend will need to have that certificate with him while flying your drone.
So now you may be getting an idea how to register your drone.
So if you have a drone that requires the registration process, register it.